Protecting ships passing
the treacherous reefs near the southern tip of Cape Florida since
1825, this historic lighthouse is the oldest manmade structure in South
Florida. This screen depicts the tower as it might have appeared
during the Civil War. The panels were exhibited inside the Florida
State Capital Rotunda in 1998, and at the Lincoln Theatre on Miami
Beach later that same year.